IsoTek launched a new high-end flagship power cable. The Ascension represents the ultimate in conductor purity and power cable construction. Unlike other traditional 3-core power cables Ascension features three, 4sqmm Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC copper) high purity conductions, these are then silver plated before being encased in extruded FEP with an air dielectric barrier. This assembly is then individually wrapped in Mylar and shielded with an Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) braid before being deep cryogenically treated down to -196 ºC. This complex construction delivers extended openness, a sound with more perceived micro dynamic detail, and inner space and air between instruments within the soundstage. Ascension brings you closer to the music, with unprecedented tonal accuracy, as well as an open yet dynamic delivery of your favorite recordings.
The Ascension power cable is designed for high-end audio systems and customers searching for the best possible performance level.
Key features and benefits
- Deep Cryogenic Treatment (DCT) – The cable is deep cryogenically treated down to almost -196 degrees. This process benefits the crystal structure of the copper and further reduces resistance. DCT increases the material strength making the cable highly resilient and less likely to degrade over time, resulting in an improved sound quality making it more detailed, definitive and more revealing.
- Construction – Encased in a high-quality Teflon FEP dielectric and air (insulation) provides a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. Each conductor is individually shielded preventing any negative magnetic field discharge as well as reducing the effects of Common Mode noise interference entering the cable conductors.
- Conductors – 4.0sqmm silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast copper (OCC copper) conductors an exceptional level of connectivity. The OCC copper provides over 700 feet length of a single crystallized copper rod, ensuring that a single crystal standard conductor is free of impurity, flexible fatigue-resistance, corrosive-resistance, low electric resistance, none-crystal boundaries, rapid transmissibility and perfect in structure ideally suited for low resistance & fast transmission of power.
IsoTek VAD barrier
To obtain a dielectric Constance close to a vacuum, IsoTek has created a Virtual Air Dielectric offering just 1.0548 dielectric Constance. This air barrier is achieved by minimal conductor contact and the use of an FEP (Teflon) bridge. FEP is an excellent dialectic in its own right, with low coefficient, and the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.
- OFC Braid Shield – it reduces electrical noise from affecting the signals, and the electromagnetic radiation that may interfere with other devices.
- Wrap – A Mylar wrap is used to shield the cable from high-frequency radiation.
- Jacket – PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical damping & strength.
- High-Quality Termination – The Ascension cable is terminated using an IsoTek’s bespoke audiophile-grade connectors of solid OFC with silver-plated connectors in a durable carbon fibre and metal casting. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.
The Ascension power cable is provided in a standard length of 2-metre and is available from early October; terminated with UK, EU, US, and Australian mains plugs.
Headquarters in Winchester UK, IsoTek is an English company making award-winning power optimisation products for hi-fi and home cinema systems. IsoTek has offices in Switzerland and the United Kingdom with over 100,000 customers in over 45 countries. IsoTek has earned numerous accolades from specialist audio and AV publications worldwide and was voted most innovative brand in the Home Entertainment category at the PLUSX Awards, Germany 2016. IsoTek was born with a singular aim: to create a better solution to the problem of poor mains quality, which restricts the performance of audio systems, through rigorous research and genuine innovation.
Visit the IsoTek website.