If the fixed electrode becomes infinitely thinner, the air resistance will be de- creased and the permeability of sound waves will be improved. On the other hand, thinner electrodes are poor in rigidity and suffer from vibrations of their own and the sound becomes muddy. The Srax SR-009S evolved further the electrode established in the SR-009 as the integration of present technology. The edges of electrode hole were smoothened through after-etching processing to reduce air resistance, and the permeability of sound has been much more improved. Moreover, gold plating processing with large specific gravity further decreased the electrode vibration. Finally, the sound clarity has been achieved by reducing the resistance of electrode itself.
Tough solid aluminum chassis
It employed secures firmly the sound element, con- tributing to improve the clearness of sound. Furthermore, the case thickness has been reduced to the limit, making the flow of condensation-and-rarefaction air wave from the sound element more smooth.
New designed guard mesh
Intensity has been increased by giving roundness to the “guard mesh” of sound element, which lowered the influence of reflection and improved the resolu- tion of sound.
- Type: push-pull electrostatic large circular sound element, open-air type enclosure
- Frequency response: 5 – 42,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including cable)
- Impedance: 145kΩ (including cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Bias voltage: DC580V
- Right/left channel indication: Golden solid line (left) and dotted line (right) on the cable
- Earpad: Genuine leather (skin touching portion), high-quality artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: Silver-coated 6N (99.9999%) OFC parallel 6-strand, low-capacity special wide cable, 2.5m full length
- Weight: 583g (including cable), 441g (without cable)
Visit the Stax website.